Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Dancing with the Stars Results: Who Won the Mirror Ball?

Dancing with the Stars has crowned a new champion.


After one week of shocking Dancing with the Stars results after another, only three celebrities remained heading into Tuesday night’s finale …



Finale couples Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough, Nick Carter and Sharna Burgess and Alek Skarlatos and Lindsay Arnold battled it out one last time.


But only one new champion could join the illustrious ranks of past Mirror Ball winners and have his or her name forever etched in reality TV history.


So who was it? There was no shocker on this night.


As widely expected, fan favorite Bindi Irwin took home the Dancing with the Stars title after she added another set of perfect scores to her resume.


The crowd went wild as she was named champion.


“Thank you so much for everything. I can’t believe that I’m here,” Irwin shouted, with Derek by her side. “Thank you for changing my life.”


Afterward, Irwin said she was in disbelief, adding that “this has been such a special experience. I can’t believe this has happened.”


Carter, who came in second place, said, “I’ve grown a ton doing this show and I learned things that I’ll take with me the rest of my life.”


Skarlatos took home third place, with the Paris train hero calling DWTS “the craziest ride” of his life, which is really saying something.


Making it to the finale, he said, was victory enough.


“I could have gotten fifth or sixth place and still been happy. Getting third is just gravy. I never thought I’d ever do anything like this at all.”


Well, fans? Did the voters get it right? Was the fix in from the start? Where does Bindi rank among the winners who came before her?