Friday, November 6, 2015

Adele Performs "Hello:" Prepare Yourself For THE FEELS

British talk show host Graham Norton had the pleasure of interviewing Adele for her special, Adele at the BBC, a highly-anticipated event that saw the Oscar winner take to the stage after a three-year hiatus.


The special, due to air November 20th (the same day Adele"s album, 25, drops) was one fans had waited for.  


"Hello," Adele"s first single off the album, was downloaded one million times in its first week, according to People.


Norton asked the star if she hesitated before recording this album.


"It was that thing of, "Do I or don"t I want to go back to my music?"  And obviously I do," Adele said.  "I just wanted to make sure everything was in place."


Like a girl after my own heart, Adele added, "I can"t do anything else. This is all that I like doing."


Yes you can.  You"re glorious.


The special"s performance was as moving as the one from the 2011 MTV VMAs, a beautiful, heart-breaking rendition of "Someone Like You."  Both were powerful as he*k, and both were enough to make you sit still and wonder how it"s possible to be this moved.


Adele also covers November"s Rolling Stone, a flawless masterpiece without a stitch of makeup.  She spoke of the ups and downs that came with her exposure to the monster that is fame.


"People think I hate being famous. And I don"t. I"m really frightened of it," she said. "I think it"s really toxic … Watching Amy [Winehouse] deteriorate is one of the reasons I"m a bit frightened. We were all very entertained by her being a mess."


Keep on, keepin" on sister.


 


 


Adele first live performance of hello