Monday, January 11, 2016

Jennifer Lawrence Acts Like a Jerk, Embarrases Foreign Reporter

It wasn"t her finest moment.


After accepting her Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy, Joy"s Jennifer Lawrence went backstage to the press room for a brief Q&A session with reporters.


This particular ceremony is put on by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, meaning that it"s an international thing.  So, when a foreign reporter asked Lawrence a question while staring at his phone, it"s likely that English is not his first language.


"You can"t live your whole life behind your phone, bro," Lawrence lectured the reporter, according to a video recorded by Variety. "


You can"t do that. You"ve got to live in the now."


The reporter was probably petrified that Lawrence was chewing him out, so he laughed nervously and continued with his translated question.


"We"re at the Golden Globes," she told him. "If you put your phone down you"d know that."


Everyone in the room laughed because they thought it was hysterical, while the poor reporter will weep into his hotel pillow tonight.


It was an obnoxious moment, and not one of Lawrence"s finest.  The Oscar winner has had a great run so far in Hollywood, earning praise for her down-to-earth, self-depricating attitude.  


She also wrote an essay about the pay gap between men and women in the industry, which sparked a major conversation.


"When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn’t get mad at Sony," Lawrence wrote in Lena Dunham"s magazine, Lenny.


I got mad at myself.  I failed as a negotiator because I gave up early. I didn’t want to keep fighting over millions of dollars that, frankly, due to two franchises, I don’t need. (I told you it wasn’t relatable, don’t hate me.)"


Here"s hoping she realized soon after what a snotty moment that was inside the Beverly Hilton.


Jennifer lawrence acts like a jerk embarrases foreign reporter