Thursday, March 31, 2016

Jodie Sweetin: I Drank While Pregnant

Everybody loves a comeback, especially when it comes to child stars.



Jodie Sweetin played the adorable Stephanie Tanner on Full House from from 1987-1995, but the years that followed were a dark period.


Sweetin was addicted to cocaine, meth and alcohol before finally committing to sobriety in 2011.  The Dancing With The Stars competitor recently admitted to Us Weekly that she drank while pregnant with her oldest daughter, Zoie, 7.


“There were a couple instances of me drinking,” Sweetin revealed.


“Those things I never thought I would do, I did.  I was living a double life.”


Sweetin’s “rock bottom” moment came after she drank two glasses of wine and drove with her daughter in the car.


“I not only put myself in danger, but also my daughter, who I loved more than anything,” she said. 


It wasn’t until an emergency custody hearing was called in response to her drinking that Sweetin “threw herself” into a 12-step program.


Now, Sweetin is engaged to boyfriend Justin Hodak, and ready to walk down the aisle for a fourth time.


In the premiere episode of this season’s DWTS, Sweetin got emotional during a rehearsal, saying she didn’t want to let anyone down.


“I’m worried about what other people think,” Sweetin told her partner, Keo Motsepe.


“When I was a kid I didn’t care if I looked stupid. Now as an adult I have this fear.”


She’s been doing well on the ABC series, and is grateful for the life she’s built.


“With each day, I have opportunities to have more and more amazing things come into my life,” Sweetin told the publication.


“I have so many bright moments, I keep pinching myself.”