Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Woman Dials 911 Over Mistaken Pizza Order

A woman in Connecticut named Ashley takes her pizza ordering very seriously.


And her concept of what constitutes an "emergency" far less seriously.


According to WTIC, Ashley called the authorities a few weeks regarding an order she placed from Empire Pizza.


A recording of the call has been made public… is posted below … and will cause you serious pain from shaking your head so hard in disbelief.


"I just have a question," Ashley says to the 911 operator. "If I order pizza and they don"t want to give me my money back, can you guys do something?"


"Ma"am, that"s something you have to take up with them," the dispatcher replies. "But, that"s not something you would dial 9-1-1 for. 9-1-1 is for life threatening emergencies only."


Incredibly, the far too patient operator did not hang up after this initial exchange.


"Can you call the pizzeria or something?" Ashley asks again.


"Well, what happened?" the dispatcher actually asks in response.


"I ordered a small pizza, half cheese and half bacon. They bring me half hamburger. So I called them back and they don"t want to give my money back. They keep hanging up on me."


That does seem to be a major mistake by Empire Pizza.


But not exactly cause for a police officer to assist.


Did 911 actually send an officer over to her location? YES!


Find out how and why now:


Woman dials 911 over mistaken pizza order