Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Kim Kardashian Nude Mural: Defaced in Australia!

Kim Kardashian has been slut-shamed.


Sort of. In actuality, a 30-foot mural of Kim Kardashian nude has been slut-shamed. Allow us to explain…



Earlier this month, of course, Kardashian shared her latest naked selfie on Instagram, posting a snapshot of her birthday suit on social media and nearly breaking the Internet once again in the process.


Kim was largely mocked in the U.S. for the move, but an artist in Australia named Mark Walls – who goes by “lushsux” on Instagram – had a different reaction to Kim going nude once again.


He recreated Kardashian’s bare pose via 30-foot tall, three-story high mural on the side of a building.




mural of kim



Just a few days after its completion, however, this unusual piece of art was defaced and destroyed.


Someone drew a penis on the mural, along with the word “SLUT.”


“Andddd this is why we can’t have nice things,” Walls wrote as a caption to the following photo, which depicts the X-rated graffiti.


We’re not sure if an enormous painting of Kim Kardashian naked should be classified as a “nice thing,” but we do not approve of anyone defiling anyone else’s hard work in this kind of manner.




KIM graffiti



“No leads on who did it, but a local council member did happen to come and inform the owner of the building he had received a volume of complaints, mostly due to the word ‘SLUT’ sprayed across the mural,” Walls has said of the act.


Soon after critics came out in force against her penchant for showing off her nude body, Kardshian went on the offensive.


I am empowered by my body. I am empowered by my sexuality, she wrote in response to the criticism, adding:


I am empowered by feeling comfortable in my skin. I am empowered by showing the world my flaws and not being afraid of what anyone is going to say about me.


And I hope that through this platform I have been given, I can encourage the same empowerment for girls and women all over the world.