Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Olivia Munn: I Didn"t Get Plastic Surgery, You Jerks!

She can’t win, it seems.



Since January, many have assumed that Ride-Along 2′s Olivia Munn has gotten plastic surgery to enhance her facial features.


“When your face changes because of makeup, it’s hard to let people know that you’re not actually doing surgery or fillers,” Munn, who covers May’s issue of Fashion, explained.


“I posted the picture on Instagram because the glam team had worked very hard. People were like, ‘What did she do to her face?’ A week later, I looked completely different,” she added


“As an actor, you can be completely transformative and take on different roles. As an individual in the world, it’s a totally different story―we live in a time where there’s so many pictures that bring so much scrutiny.


“Being multi-ethnic – I’m half-Chinese, half-white – brings up a whole set of complications that people don’t even think about when it comes to being photographed.


“I have more of a white appearance on the outside, but my bone structure is very much Asian. I have high cheekbones and smaller eyes.


“When you put shimmer on the inside of my eyes, I immediately look cross-eyed. If you put too heavy of an eyelash on me, it looks like my eyes are halfway closed.”


Also contributing to a change in Munn’s overall appearance is a 12-lb weight loss, thanks to four months of sword and stunt training for X-Men: Apocalypse (out May 27th).