Friday, May 6, 2016

Shay Mitchell Gives Surprising Answer About Her Sexuality

Shay Mitchell sort of has a secret.


But she’s not about to keep it.



The actress, who has portrayed Emily on Pretty Little Liars since its pilot episode, is featured on the latest cover of Cosmopolitan.


Because she has millions and millions of followers across her various social media accounts, the interview at first talks about the way in which she crafts her online image.


“My Instagram is like an art gallery – no blurry photos,” she explains.


“Come to Snapchat and see it all being made… Instagram is the appetizer. Snapchat is the meal.”


Okay then.


Along similar lines, the magazine then gets to the main course of its Q&A.


Because the 29-year-old plays a lesbian on Pretty Little Liars, folks often ask about her own sexuality.


But Michell legitimately isn’t sure how to answer this sensitive question.


“Right now I’m dating a guy,” she says, but…


“I don’t know what it’s going to be in three years. You love who you love: black, white, polka-dot. That’s what my dad always said.


“I’m never going to label myself. I could be 50 and dating a woman and then what? I said I was straight and now I’m not?”



With the long-term future of the drama up in the air, Mitchell is also honest about her career.


It may not always center on acting.


“I’d rather have a company,” she says. “I don’t want to be dependent on a call from my agent – taking projects I’m not OK with because I need to.


“To be honest, winning an Oscar is not one of my goals.”


Sort of nice to hear such honest answers, isn’t it?


We won’t include Mitchell in the following rundown just yet, but maybe one of these days.