Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Courtney Stodden: Depressed, In Love, Sick of Being Sick

Don’t let Courtney Stodden’s looks deceive you.


No, this is not a reference to the Z-Lister’s history of plastic surgery. It’s actually a lot sadder than that…



Stodden has opened up to Us Weekly and admitted that she has a mental disorder, telling the tabloid very simply:


“I suffer from depression.”


Ever since she came into the spotlight, most have simply assumed that Stodden suffers from I-Want-To-Be-Kim-Kardashian-Itis, a disease that affects those who want to be famous despite a lack of talent.


She burst on to the scene five years ago when, at the age of 16, Stodden married a 51-year old actor named Doug Hutchison.


But the pregnant star now confesses that things are far more serious than some simple desire for fame.


“My depression affects my appetite, sleeping patterns and overall perspective on life,” she says.


“At times, I have severe insomnia and other times I find myself sleeping too much. I have feelings of hopelessness but experience many moments of absolute euphoria.”



One of those moments took place this week, in fact, when Stodden and Hutchison renewed their vows.


The couple broke up for a period of time in 2013 and appeared on episodes of VH1’s Couples Therapy.


But all now appears to be great between them.


“Five years ago I married an incredible man & we are celebrating by renewing our vows in a very special place! Stay tuned,” Stodden Tweeted over the weekend.


We can now confirm that the controversial couple renewed these vows on Saturday in front of the famous Hollywood sign in Los Angeles.


Stodden, meanwhile, is pregnant with her first child.


She is six weeks along and is hoping at least one phase of the pregnancy comes to a conclusion soon.


“When does this end?” Stodden captioned the following picture, which depicts her slumped over a toilet.


She added the hashtags: #firsttrimester #baby #pregnant #morningsickness #notjustinthemornings.



“I already love this baby so much,” Stodden told Us Weekly.


“I just fear the thought of motherhood. It’s such an overwhelming responsibility and I want to be the very best mommy that I can possibly be.”