Friday, July 29, 2016

Hillary Clinton at the DNC: What Did She Say?


Hillary Clinton has accepted the nomination for President of the United States.


This was the most expected part of the speech she delivered on Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention.


What else did she say about America and about her opponent, Donald Trump.


Scroll down for the highlights:




1. Bill of Goods


Bill of goods

On Tuesday night, I was so happy to see that my explainer in chief is still on the job.



2. Kaine is Able


Kaine is able

For those of you out there who are just getting to know Tim Kaine, you will soon understand why the people of Virginia keep promoting him from city council to mayor, to governor and now senator and he will make our whole country proud as our next vice president.



3. Feeling the Bern


Feeling the bern

Bernie, your campaign inspired millions of Americans, particularly the young people who do their hearts and souls into our primary. You put economic and social justice issues brought and center where they belong.



4. Taking Aim at Trump


Taking aim at trump

He wants to divide us from the rest of the world and from each other. He is betting that the perils of today’s world will blind us to its unlimited promise. He is taken the Republican party a long way from mourning in America to midnight in America. He wants us to fear the future and fear each other.



5. It Takes a Village


It takes a village

Freedom and equality justice and opportunity — we should be so proud those words are associated with us …When people here those words they hear America, so don’t let anyone tell you our country is weak, we’re not. … And most of all, don’t believe anyone who says ‘I alone can fix it.’



6. Who Am I?


Who am i

I’ve been your first lady, I’ve served eight years as a senator for the great state of New York and then I represented all of you as secretary of state, but my job titles only tell you what I’ve done, they don’t tell you why. The truth is through all these years … the service part has always come easier to me than the public part … I get it that some people just don’t know what to make of me.


View Slideshow