Thursday, July 28, 2016

Keshia Knight Pulliam Fires Back: My Husband Cheated on ME!

Keshia Knight Pulliam rose to fame by starring on one of the most beloved sitcoms in TV history.


But the actress likely feels as if she’s stuck in her very own soap opera these days.



Earlier this week, we reported that Ed Hartwell had not only filed for divorce from the former Cosby Show star…


… he also demanded in legal papers that Pulliam take a paternity test.


Indeed, the couple (who only just got married in January) is expecting a child together.


Or are they?


Hartwell clearly has doubts over whether or not Pulliam has been faithful to him, so much so that he isn’t certain he’s the father of the former star’s impending baby.


Following reports that Pulliam has no problem taking the paternity test because she has remained loyal to her husband, the woman behind Rudy Huxtable finally spoke out for herself on Wednesday.


In an exclusive chat with Entertainment Tonight, Pulliam said she has “never cheated during my marriage,” but then went ahead and dropped a bombshell of her own:


Hartwell was the one who did the cheating in their relationship!


“That’s not who I am,” Pulliam told ET. “That’s not an issue. There’s no problem. I’ve never been unfaithful to my husband. This is his daughter.”


(According to People Magazine, Hartwell “doesn’t have any evidence of cheating” but wants a paternity test because he is concerned about the timing of the pregnancy, which the insider alleges came “during a very dark spot in their relationship.”)


Hartwell, Pulliam goes on to confess, is the one who stepped out on her.


“When earlier in my marriage I was faced with this, I was ready to leave,” she said.


“I had divorce papers ready. I presented them to him. He begged … He said: ‘Please, I want my family,’ he said all the right things.


“Once I was pregnant I decided to give him another chance.”




sad Pulliam



Pulliam and Hartwell exchanged vows only seven months ago in a small ceremony at the former’s house.


Pulliam said she was taken completely aback by news of the split. She had no warning about Hartwell’s filing.


“He left like it was any other day, said goodbye, I was still asleep in bed,” she said. “He texted me saying: ‘Hey, can I talk to you for a moment,’ …


“He was like: ‘You know, this isn’t working.’ All I heard was: ‘I filed for divorce this morning and I’m coming to get my stuff."”


Weird, right?


Might this be a classic case of the person who is doing the cheating trying to turn things around and deflect blame?


Does Pulliam still love Hartwell? Only “who he pretended to be,” she explained.


“I have no desire to continue to be married to him,” she added.


“I’m doing this one interview, and I’m done. I’m not going to continue to revisit, regurgitate, but I’m not going to continue to allow people to tell blatant lies about me.” 


At the end of the day, Pulliam only cares about the little girl growing inside of her belly.


“It’s one thing when you choose to be in the spotlight. It’s another thing when you have a baby. And it’s not about me,” she said.


“The biggest thing and my priority is [my daughter] doesn’t deserve it.”