Thursday, July 28, 2016

Blake Shelton: Did He Just Admit Miranda Lambert Cheated?

This may be his most revealing interview yet.



As the cover star for Billboard‘s latest issue, Blake Shelton gave some fantastic insight into his four-year marriage to Miranda Lambert.


Or rather, how it ended.


The magazine’s contributor, Rob Tannenbaum pointed out that the lyrics to the country singer’s single, “She’s Got A Way With Words” were about a woman who lies a cheats.


Shelton didn’t argue this point.


“When we recorded the vocals for some of these songs, I was only six months removed from when all the crap went down,” Shelton explained, referring to his July 2015 split from Lambert.


“When you have a broken heart – at least, when I do – you got to get it out of your system. You want people to sympathize with you. I was at rock bottom, in the middle of hell.”


A few months later, he was out of it.


In November, Shelton confirmed that he was dating Gwen Stefani, who judge season nine of The Voice alongside him.



The romance grew organically from a friendship that was formed because both Stefani and Shelton were going through divorces.


“She didn’t tell me much, because we didn’t know each other at the time, but she said, ‘I’m going through something very similar to what you’re going through. I understand. And I hate it,"” Shelton said.


“That’s kind of how our friendship and bond started, that day. It went from that, to checking in on each other once a week through email — ‘This shit happened to me, what happened to you?’ — to maybe three times a week, then every day, to ‘Hey, here’s my phone number if you ever want to text."”


awwwww!


“Next thing I know, I wake up and she’s all I care about, and I’m ­wondering if she feels the same about me.”


What’s even cuter is that Stefani can’t stop gushing about Shelton either.  Ever since her interview with the New York Times in March, Stefani has been open about her feelings for the country singer.


“We had anger, we had sadness, we had flirtation, we had sexy, and now we’re madly in love,” Stefani said.