Friday, July 29, 2016

Taylor Swift: SLAMMED as "Fake Feminist" By Troian Bellisario!

Sure, Trump vs. Hillary is the conflict on everyone’s mind these days, but let’s take a break from this historic election cycle to discuss another rivalry that few would’ve predicted a year ago:



The Taylor Swift vs. Kim Kardashian feud didn’t completely come out of nowhere.


After all, the beef between Taylor and Kim’s husband goes back to when Kanye stormed the stage at the 2009 VMAs.


Things heated up in recent weeks when ‘Ye dissed Taylor in his song “Famous.”


Kim got involved, posting what she claimed was proof that Taylor approved Kanye’s lyrics before the song was ever recorded.


Needless to say, the whole thing is a big mess.


Thankfully, we have Troian Bellisario to sort it out for us.



If you don’t watch Pretty Little Liars, you might think that Troian Bellisario is the new Dornish badass on Game of Thrones, but she’s actually an actress on the long-running Freeform series.


Troian attended the DNC this week, and for some reason, she was asked to pick a side in the Kimye-Taylor feud.


Surprisingly, she gave an insightful response to a profoundly dumb question:


“Oh god, I have such an aversion to the Kardashians because I literally don’t understand people’s obsession with them and I don’t want to accept them as our closest thing to a royal family, so I guess I would be Team Taylor Swift?” Troian said.


“However, I’m so appalled by what I consider to be her false feminism.”


Yep, she went there by questioning Taylor’s feminist credentials (as many have before her).


Then she doubled down, questioning Swift’s loyalty as a friend:


“It seems like [Taylor is] this person who’s like, ‘Sisterhood!’ and then she does nothing but tear down the women that were once her friends. So is it possible to just be, like… this is a two-party system that I don’t want to be a part of?


“Can I just say that? Can I say that I would choose the Green Party in this?”


Boom. Asked about celebrity feuds at a political convention, Bellisario pulled a mic-drop moment by bringing it back around to politics.


We look forward to a Jill Stein-like figure emerging in this feud.