Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Brooks Ayers: OK I Did Lie About Cancer Records, But ...

Alrighty, so Brooks Ayers sits on a throne of lies.



In an attempt to convince viewers that he is battling cancer, Ayers presented E! News with medical records from City of Hope.


Unfortunately, the renowned medical center confirmed with E! that they never treated Ayers for anything cancer-related.  


With his back against the wall, Ayers ran out of excuses and ways to defend himself.  So, he admitted that he presented fake documents.


“Words cannot express the deep regret that I have in fabricating documents to ‘prove’ to the world that I, in fact, have cancer,” Ayers told E! News today (November 11th).


“What I did was wrong and inexcusable. I acted alone, without Vicki’s knowledge, to produce documents for a reality TV show in hopes of putting doubts about my cancer to rest. I never intended to disclose my actual medical records or details about my private and personal medical history, thus the rationalization of presenting documents that weren’t true simply for a ;storyline for the show.” 


Halfway through the statement I thought to myself, “So, you have cancer?”


Ayers carried on.


“From this day forward, my own personal journey with this disease will remain private as I initially intended over a year ago.  My sincerest apologies to my family, friends, loved ones, and those who are battling this horrid disease for any additional pain and/or stress that I have caused. 


“As [University of Louisville basketball coach] Rick Pitino once said, ‘Mistakes can be good. They are fertilizer. Everything I’ve learned about coaching [life], I’ve learned from making mistakes.’ I made a mistake yet I have learned a huge lesson as well.”


Ok, you may not quote a basketball coach if you have lied about cancer in any way, shape or form.  If this were a private matter, why didn’t you just NOT mention it in the first place?  


I’m going to go watch puppy videos on Youtube, because this story is too much.