Friday, December 4, 2015

Selena Gomez Gives Health Update: How is She Feeling?

According to a number of recent sightings, Selena Gomez is feeling Justin Bieber these days. The ex-lovers having gotten mighty close again of late.


As for Selena is actually feeling herself, however, health wise?



“I am in a great place and I’m very healthy,” the singer told Billboard Magazine in interview excerpts that were released this week.


Gomez had previously opened up to Billboard in October about her diagnosis of Lupus and how she actually underwent chemotherapy for the disease.


That reveal came several months after Gomez spent two weeks in a treatment center, a visit that fueled rumors of substance abuse.


“I wanted so badly to say, ‘You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re assholes,"” the singer told Billboard this fall.


“I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again.”


Lupus is an autoimmune disease that flares up from occasionally. It is incurable and it brings on symptoms such as chronic fatigue, fever, joint pain, rashes and chest pain.


“It has been overwhelming and the response has been very supportive, which is nice – but it still makes me a little uncomfortable,” Gomez adds.


“I waited for the right time to talk about it… I’m not trying to be loud about it: It was time to use my platform to help.”


Other celebrities who have been diagnosed with lupus include Nick Cannon, Toni Braxton and Lady Gaga, who told Larry King in 2010 that she had “tested borderline positive for the disease.”


We admire Selena for opening up about her health issues and we wish her the best.