Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Amy Duggar: Jim Bob & Michelle Think I"m a Bad Influence!

Amy Duggar has long been considered the black sheep of her family, thanks to her involvement in such banned activities as kissing before marriage and listening to music that’s not about Jesus. 



The 29-year-old newlywed has spoken in the past about how her family’s ultra-conservative views have caused friction, such as when her husband, Dillon King, made the mistake of dancing the first time he met them, causing some of the more pious Duggars to avert their eyes.


Now, the outspoken cousin of the 19 Kids and Counting clan is opening up about more ways in which Jim Bob and Michelle’s beliefs have driven a wedge between her and the rest of the family.


Recently, an Instagram follower asked Amy if the girls ever spend the night at her house to get caught up on pop culture, since they’re not permitted to watch TV or listen to secular music.


“We’ve had a girls night before and have gone out to eat,” Amy replied.


“It’s a rule though that if I want to spend quality time with them I have to come see them. They don’t want me to influence them. So I respect their standards and I don’t fuss about it.”


Sounds like the sort of thing most people would be offended by, but Amy takes it in stride.



She’s spoken in the past about her refusal to be guilt-tripped by Jim Bob, and it seems she takes the judgment of her extended family in stride. 


“It used to really bother me and then I realized that I just live knowing that God gives us grace,” Amy added on Instagram.


“I can only be myself and even though we don’t see eye to eye on every little thing we are still family and I do still love them.”


We guess, she can’t be too mad at them. 


After all, Amy is trying to make it as a country singer, and if it weren’t for her family’s unusual belief system, she probably wouldn’t be enjoying the attention of half-a-million Instagram followers.