Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Gwen Stefani: Here"s Why I Fell For Blake Shelton!

Gwen Stefani’s new album is rather cornily titled This is What the Truth Feels Like, and in keeping with the theme, she’s making the media rounds and dropping some major truth bombs about her career, her divorce from Gavin Rossdale, and of course, her relationship with Blake Shelton.



Sadly, we don’t have any confirmation on the rumors about Gwen and Blake getting engaged, but Ms. Stefani did get surprisingly candid when discussing her love for Shelton during a recent interview with Refinery 29.


“I think that when you go through what I went through, or what I’m still going through, you think you’re hopeless,” Gwen said. “You don’t know what’s going to happen. You panic.


“It was a really super-unexpected gift to find a friend, somebody who happened to be going through the exact same thing as me, literally mirroring my experience. I don’t think it’s an accident that that happened. It saved me.”


It was widely assumed that Blake and Gwen bonded over the fact that her marriage ended around the same time as his divorce from Miranda Lambert, but it’s only recently that the couple has confirmed that narrative.


Gwen says Blake encouraged her to write the most personal music of her career, and apparently her new album is basically a chronicle of her tumultuous love life over the past year:


“I’m literally channeling God here,” Stefani said.


“I’m saving my own life with this record and you come and punch me in the face?’ The next day I went in and told [my producers], ‘Let’s write the most f–king personal sh-t, ever."”


Yes, if you’re wondering what Gwen and Blake’s relationship is like and you haven’t caught any of the 30,000 tabloid articles on the subject over the last few months, be sure to pick up her new album, in stores March 18.


She’s channeling God, people!