Monday, April 11, 2016

The Lonely Island Pays Amazing Tribute to Will Smith

As previously documented, there will plenty of memorable moments at the 2016 MTV Movie Awards.


But Andy Samberg and his two good friends who comprise comedy troupe The Lonely Island were responsible for what had to have been the best two minutes of the entire ceremony.


Prior to Will Smith coming out to accept the Generation Award, Samberg and company paid tribute to the actor… by hearkening back to when he was a rapper.


In the following clip, we see the group bust out some serious moves to such classic tracks as "Parents Just Don"t Understand" and "Summertime."


Not to mention the theme song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air because… come on. Of course. it had to be in there.


There were also colorful shirts… some overalls… some Men in Black… and lots of people on stage getting jiggly with it.


"I released my first record when I was 17," Smith later said in acceptance.


"This June marks 30 years in this business for me. I really want to say I’m humbled, and I just want all of you to know I’m dedicated to being a light in this world.


"There’s a lot of suffering – a lot of people are suffering in this world. When you see my material, and when I present myself in public, and what I’m trying to build with my family and friends, I just want all of you to know I’m dedicated until I die to light and to love. So thank you all."


Watch the impressive tribute to him below:


The lonely island pays amazing tribute to will smith