Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Farrah Abraham Says She Wants to Adopt; Children of the World Run For Cover

Yesterday was World Adoption Day, and since Farrah Abraham never lets a trending hashtag pass her by without attempting to jump on the bandwagon, she shared her thoughts on the occasion with her millions of social media followers. 



As is often the case with Farrah, her heart was in the right place, but her brain was a good thousand miles or so from where it needed to be:


“Let’s embrace the power and beauty that family brings with adoption. There are over 145 million orphans in the world,” Farrah wrote.


“I grew up with all my neighbors being adopted and in foster care and I’ve seen it mean the world to them to have loving and caring homes ‘a family.’ I hope soon Sophia and I can make a world of difference by bringing home a baby brother or sister for Sophia.


“I always have been passionate about adoption as it means so much to me, my family, my community, my church and my heart thank you to all the parents who have adopted and to all the amazing children with their loving families. God Bless.”


Now, a post like this is certainly a more worthwhile use of Farrah’s time than posting the world’s most unnatural makeup free selfie, but as usual, she’s sort of missing the point.



The goal of an event like World Adoption Day is to find suitable, stable homes for children who need them. There’s nothing remotely stable about Farrah’s life.


We’re not saying there’s anything inherently wrong with a woman who sells rubber molds of her vagina for a living adopting a child, but Farrah travels constantly, she has frequent emotional breakdowns, and she’s talked about her 6-year-old daughter getting plastic surgery and starring in her own “sex tape.”


She’s only 24, and it’s possible that 10 years from now, all of those things will be distant memories.


That’s why we wish Farrah would replace the word “soon” with “someday” when she talks about abortion.