Monday, November 2, 2015

Tiger Woods: SLAMMED By Former Caddy in New Tell-All Book

After Tiger Woods was busted cheating on his wife, it didn’t long for his reputation to become permanently damaged.


And now that his former caddy is opening up about Tiger in a new tell-all book, Out Of the Rough, the golfer will likely become even more hated.



Steve Williams, Tiger’s caddy, worked with the golf-pro for 13 years.  Considering the length of their working relationship, Williams and Woods were close friends.


But when Woods began cheating on his then-wife Elin Nordegren, Williams was shocked.  However, he wanted to remain friends with Woods.


He stated, “[Tiger] was still a friend in trouble and I was going to stick by him. I did that even though people were accusing me of being an enabler, an accomplice, saying I was lying when I stated clearly that I knew nothing about this.”


But in the midst of Tiger’s drama, Williams became a subject of speculation.  He claimed he became “absolutely miserable” when others refused to believe that he didn’t know about the affair.


“People in my local community would front up to me at the shops and call me a liar to my face, and ask `what are you doing with him?’” Williams wrote in his new book.


“I repeatedly asked for Tiger’s management to release a statement that would clear me of any involvement in this lurid news,” he continued.


However, Tiger’s management refused his requests for a statement.  He claimed, “They simply wouldn’t do it because there were others in his group who knew exactly what was going on and management felt they couldn’t single out one person as innocent.”


“Angry, frustrated and hung out to dry, I was also in limbo about when I would next work.”


After admitting he had a sex addiction, Tiger entered a rehab facility.  While in treatment, Woods finally apologized to Williams for inadvertently getting him involved in the scandal.


“Tiger finally rang me on March 23 (2010). He had already sent me an apologetic email when he was in rehab.”


He added, “It was heartfelt and meaningful; he was open, honest and remorseful and it reinforced my thinking that because I was so straight up and had such strong values, he felt he couldn’t tell me what was going on with his affairs.”


But Williams wasn’t going to let Woods off the hook so easily.  The golf caddy demanded that Woods prove he had changed. “I wanted him to prove to me he could change his behavior and show me — and the game of golf — more respect,” he wrote.


Williams and Woods weren’t able to mend their friendship though.  Often, the caddy felt mistreated by Woods when he would “flippantly toss a club in the general direction of the bag, expecting me to go over and pick it up.”


And besides, Tiger just sucks.  Who would want to be his friend anyway?


Two years ago, Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn began dating. In May of this year, Woods and Vonn split.  Though they claim it was a mutual break up, most of the world is wondering who Tiger cheated with this time.