Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tia Mowry Lashes Out at Body-Shamers, Is NOT Pregnant

For the record, Tia Mowry is not pregnant.


Also for the record: Tia Mowry would really prefer if you did not ask her if she were pregnant.



With chatter swirling around the Internet for weeks about the state of the star’s womb, the 37-year-old actress talked to HuffPost Live and explained why she’s offended by the pregnancy line of questioning.


“I am not pregnant, I am just happy. I’ve gained these extra 10 [or] 15 pounds because of my cooking show,” Mowry says.


“I’m just enjoying life, and when I want to drop the pounds, I will, but right now I’m happy with who I am.”


Four months ago, Mowry responded to inquiries over whether she was expecting or not by posting a home pregnancy test… and having the result read “Just Fat.”


That’s both funny and sad at the same time. It’s witty and also very telling of where society is.



“It is a form of body shaming, I will say that, and it’s pretty unfortunate,” Mowry added.


“We live in a society that is so obsessed with being perfect…why can’t we just be us?


“We need to be more supportive with body images, especially with women, showing that all sizes are beautiful.


“And I’m talking about in magazines, advertisement in regard to what’s sexy and what’s not sexy. We all need to be a little more supportive of each other. I think if we start there, we’ll see a difference.”


Amen, Tia. Amen.