Monday, March 14, 2016

I Am Cait Season 2 Episode 2 Recap: Woman of the Year

Sunday on I Am Cait Season 2 Episode 2, Jenner’s political beliefs came under fire once again on the girls’ road trip across the nation.



You don’t have to watch I Am Cait online to know where Caitlyn stands these days, as Jenner’s outspoken views have made headlines.


After all, before the episode even aired, we knew Caitlyn supports Ted Cruz and calls Hillary Clinton a f–king liar and political hack.


Caitlyn railed against the Democratic stalwart and seemed to semi-endorse Donald Trump, which her friends balked at to say the least.


“I think he’d be very good for woman’s issues,” Cait said. “I don’t think he’s out there to destroy women or any of that kinda stuff.”


Most of Caitlyn’s friends literally walked out on her at that point, while Jenny Boylan summed up their thoughts thusly: “Kill me now.” 


Jenner, who was just named Glamour Woman of the Year, admitted that “I disagree and I get a little bit excited when I disagree.”


“Sometimes I get very passionate about it, and the old Bruce comes in,” Cait added, noting that she can get a little “aggressive.”


Politics gets her fired up, what can she say.


In the end, she agreed that she needs to work on her “feminine side” when it comes to listening skills, and things simmered down.


It wasn’t just national politics that caused tensions to erupt, however, as Caitlyn is still new to the internal politics in the trans community.


A conversation about the word “tranny” came up, and Kate Bornstein drew fire when she said she refers to herself as a “tranny” with pride.


Jenny, conversely, views it as a slur.


“It’s a word I associate with beatings, being diminished, being on the receiving end of violence,” Boylan explained to her friends.


“Somebody grabbed me by the neck, used that word and other words, dragged me around by my neck for about a half hour.”


“And finally dropped me, and I lay there on the ground unable to move,” she added. “Words can hurt as much as violence can.”


Horrifying. Jenny and Kate ended up agreeing to disagree, and the whole crew moved on to a truly unifying, inspiring moment:


The Mayor of Santa Fe, N.M., put a gender neutral sign on a public bathroom, and they were all on hand for this equality victory.