Monday, March 21, 2016

I Am Cait Season 2 Episode 3 Recap: Is Jenner Dating Men?

Last night on an all-new I Am Cait Season 2 Episode 3, the E! reality show focused a great deal on its transgender star’s dating life.



If you watch I Am Cait online, you know there’s a lot of time spent debating the complex and at times controversial issues of the day.


As it should be. The show and its acclaimed star have been educational on so many levels when it comes to the transgender community.


Sunday was no exception, as Candis Cayne getting stood up led to an in-depth discussion of what it’s like to date as a trans woman.


“My online dating experience so far has been dismal,” she told the cameras after the fact. “Honestly, I feel kinda embarrassed.”


“I’m alone waiting for somebody with a drink, and nobody’s showing up. It’s insulting. Why am I doing this to myself again?”


“I’m sick and tired of men who feel like they have the upper hand on trans women,” she went on. “F–k you. I’m sorry, I’m over it.”


Fortunately, Candis worked through her frustration, and allowed herself to think outside the box a bit with regard to the dating pool.


As for Caitlyn Jenner? Life is complicated in this regard.


“I am not comfortable with doing this,” she said during the a salsa class in which she was approached to partake with male dancers.


“Having a bunch of guys here so we dance with guys … that ain’t happening. That picture’s gonna go all over the world.”


“My kids … I don’t want my kids to see that.” 


Caitlyn admitted to Canis that she’s scared of rejection, that men “wanna have sex with you, but they don’t wanna be seen with you.”


She also worried about Kendall and Kylie Jenner, explaining, “I think it would be confusing for them and I don’t want to confuse them.”


On the plus side, Caitlyn received her new driver’s license, complete with the “Female” gender, thanks to Kim and Kourtney Kardashian.


Who helped her get a good photo, natch.


“For Kourtney and Kim to come in and be at my side, and to have that process done for me, was really important,” she said.


The moment was truly symbolic and emblematic of so many things for the Olympic champion, she reflected at one point.


“It’s almost like a whole part of my life, like kinda throwing old Bruce out the door,” she told her friends while getting choked up.


“He was a very good person. Did a lot of good things in his life. And sometimes, I feel like maybe he didn’t deserve to be gone.”


“He just wasn’t me.”


Finally, Cait flew to NYC to accept Glamour Magazine’s Woman of the Year honors, which was a huge success for all involved.


Well, maybe not Kylie Jenner‘s stylist.


“She’s had a wardrobe malfunction, so I gotta do the red carpet all by myself,” Caitlyn said. “And to be honest with you, that is very scary.”


Kylie explained that her dress “ripped all the way down my ass … my vagina was out. Not my boob. Not my butt crack. My vagina.”


Easy, Tyga.