Monday, April 18, 2016

I Am Cait Season 2 Episode 7 Recap: Jenner vs. Jenner

Sunday night on I Am Cait Season 2 Episode 7, Caitlyn Jenner came face to face with Kris Jenner in an emotionally charged conversation.



You don’t have to watch I Am Cait online to grasp that there is major tension between the former spouses, and has been for awhile.


The transgender component merely amplified this. By a lot.


In any case, Caitlyn informed Kris that she not only changed her name and gender on her license, but also changed her birth certificate.


Kris was taken aback. “Wait a second, does this mean that he didn’t exist if you change the birth certificate? Wait was I ever married?”


Caitlyn’s response: “Yes we did all that. I like to think of it as that person still lives inside me and today I’m a better person because of it.”


The former Bruce Jenner also told his former wife that he cherishes that time and “going forward I would always want you in my life.”


“Maybe at some point we’ll renew our vows,” Cait joked.


As for the topic of Caitlyn Jenner gender confirmation surgery, she met with Dr. Marci Bowers to discuss everything which that entails.


“I have no idea what the future holds,” Jenner admitted.


“But it is really interesting to talk about my future and this issue with a doctor that’s intelligent and obviously been doing this for years.”


“So yeah there’s a lot of questions to be answered.”


In the end, not a lot of questions actually were answered, but this plot line served as an educational moment for both Cait and viewers.


Later, Cait sat down with her unlikely new BFF, the Lord himself, asking Scott Disick, “How are you doing with the whole holiday season?”


“It’s a little tough I mean obviously,” he said.


“Without having my parents and anybody on my side of the family and not really knowing if I’m going to spend it with Kourtney and the kids.”


“But I don’t want people to like take pity on me either and they’re just inviting me because they know that all my family’s dead.”


“You know, I just want people to invite me because they want to, not because they feel bad for me. So it’s hard in that way.”


“I’m obviously not drinking or doing drugs so I’m just alone with my thoughts every night and it’s tough. It’s a very tough feeling isolated.”


Scott revealed that his “dream” is to get back with Kourtney Kardashian and that he sees a “dramatic change” in Caitlyn “emotionally.”


While we never saw Scott’s deep connection to Caitlyn coming, in the end it can only be a good thing for the often-rudderless Lord.