Friday, May 20, 2016

Ariana Grande: STOP Calling Selena Gomez "Justin Bieber"s Ex!"

Ariana Grande is all about the sisterhood.



Earlier this year, she acted giddy at the prospect of becoming part of Taylor Swift’s squad, and now she’s defending one of its premier members.


In an interview with Billboard, the “Focus” singer sticks up for Selena Gomez by criticizing those who constantly associate her with her ex Justin Bieber.


“I’ll never be able to swallow the fact that people feel the need to attach a successful woman to a man when they say her name,” says Grande.


While she didn’t specifically mention SelGo, the interviewer affirmed it was clear whom she was referring to.


“I saw a headline… they called someone another someone’s ex, and that pissed me off,” Grande continued.


“This person has had so many great records in the last year, and she hasn’t been dating him forever. Call her by her name!”


Well, that certainly does seem to describe Gomez.


Grande becomes somewhat agitated while speaking on the subject, possibly because tabloid stories trailed her around for months following her breakup with Big Sean last year.


“I hate that. Like, I’m fuming,” she said, adding, “I need to take a sip of water and breathe. Don’t get me started on this shit.”



But Gomez isn’t the only star she’s defending.


She shared a series of tweets from a UK radio station that praised Bieber and Zayn Malik for posing in sexy skin shots, while tweets from the same outlet slammed Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian for doing the same.


“If you’re going to rave about how sexy a male artist looks with his shirt off and a woman decides to get in her panties or show her boobies for a photo shoot, she needs to be treated with the same awe and admiration,” she said.


“I will say it until I’m an old-ass lady with my tits out at Whole Foods,” she continued.


“I’ll be in the produce aisle, naked at 95, with a sensible ponytail, one strand of hair left on my head and a Chanel bow. Mark my words. See you there with my 95 dogs.”


OMFG. Best quote ever.


Last month, the star blasted the double standard when a fan said she looked like a “whore” in her video for “Dangerous Woman.”


Grande fired back with aplomb, telling the hater to pull his head out of his ass.


This girl is on fire. And we like it.