Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Cathriona White Suicide Note: New Details Revealed

Nearly a year after Cathriona White committed suicide, new details have emerged of the note she left prior to taking her own life.


White was the longtime girlfriend of actor Jim Carrey.



She and the former Ace Ventura star had dated on and off for several years, breaking up just a week prior to White killing herself last fall at the age of 28.


According to newly released autopsy and toxicology reports, White – who fatally overdosed on prescription medication in – was found with a suicide note actually addressed to Carrey.


“I’ve spent 3 days now in disbelief that you’re not here,” it reads. “I can go on brokenhearted and try to put the pieces back. I could, I just don’t have the will this time.”


The letter was discovered by the police, but only just now made public.


It continued: “I’m sorry you felt I wasn’t there for you. I tried to give you my best part.”


In the letter, White also mentions plans for her funeral, writing:


“I don’t really know about burial or that sort of thing. You are my family so whatever you choose will be fine.”


She went on to request that her possessions be sold and given to her family.



“Please forgive me. I’m just not for this world,” the letter concluded, prior to White signing off with “Dewdrop,” presumably a nickname Carrey had for her. 


White, a native of Ireland, met Carrey in 2012.


The toxicology report confirms that her death was a suicide and that White had a number of prescription pills in her system at the time of her death, including:


Propranolol (a beta blocker used to treat high blood pressure), zolpidem (a sleep aid sold as Ambien), and painkillers oxycodone and oxymorphone.


Shortly after White’s passing, Carrey released a statement that read:


I am shocked and deeply saddened by the passing of my sweet Cathriona. She was a truly kind and delicate Irish flower, too sensitive for this soil, to whom loving and being loved was all that sparkled


My heart goes out to her family and friends and to everyone who loved and cared about her. We have all been hit with a lightning bolt.