Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Rebel Wilson Bashes the Kardashians: What Did She Say?

At this point, most would agree that the Kardashians didn’t rise to fame because of talent (see: “Jam: Turn It Up”).  



We didn’t, however, expect Rebel Wilson to turn down an appearance with Kylie and Kendall Jenner because of it. 


Actually, we did.  And we love it.


“I got asked to present with Kendall and Kylie at the recent VMAs but I said ‘no, I’d rather do it by myself,"” Wilson told Australian radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O, according to Yahoo! News.


“It’s not that I hate any of them individually, but it’s just that everything they stand for is against everything I stand for. And they’re not famous for talent. I worked really hard to get where I’ve gotten to.


“I think I was going to dress up as Kim K if I was going to [present with Kendall and Kylie at the VMAs].”


Wilson explained that the family wasn’t really “about talent,” save for a home video and a reality show based on their already-privileged lives.


“I mean how Kim Kardashian got famous from the sex tape and I just went to acting school and worked really hard,” Rebel said.


“Fame is a tricky one. If you’re Amy Winehouse and famous for writing great songs, that’s great, but it blows my mind that so many people engage with someone like Kim Kardashian.”


Wilson would be totally fine with the Kardashians – any of them/all of them – going back under the rock from whence they came.


“She’s got nothing to say, no opinions on anything,” Wilson concluded.  “I’d hate teenagers to think that’s the way to be happy because it’s not – it’s fake.”


Point: Wilson