Saturday, December 19, 2015

Amber Portwood Wins Joint Custody of Daughter Leah with Gary Shirley

Amber Portwood has regained joint custody of daughter Leah, her only child with ex-fiance Gary Shirley, according to a new report.



The Teen Mom: OG star, 25, has finally come to an agreement with Shirley in their ongoing custody fight, which has been bitter at times.


If you watch Teen Mom online, you’ve seen this play out on MTV in the past and will see it again on the new season coming in January.


“Amber and Gary finally worked everything out with their lawyers a few weeks ago,” a source close to Shirley, 29, revealed to Radar.


“They’re both happy” with the 50-50 custody split.


Leah, 6, has lived primarily with her dad during Amber’s struggles with legal and substance abuse problems dating back to 2011.


Since her November 2013 release from prison, Portwood has been trying to regain her daughter’s trust – and legal standing in her life.


“I shouldn’t have to go through a custody battle for my kid!” Portwood sobs in the Teen Mom Season 5 trailer, but she’s had to do so.


It’s paid off, though, thanks to her hard work.


Amazingly, assuming she’s telling the truth about being three years sober, she’s become one of the more stable moms in the MTV roster.


She’s engaged to Matt Baier, although that romance has come with its own share of controversy lately, and not just because he’s 44.


Rumors that Baier has seven kids from previous relationships surfaced after Gary himself made the claim in a Teen Mom sneak peek.


Amber defended Matt after haters came at her on Twitter following the release of that clip … but didn’t deny the quote from Gary, either.


“For anyone talking crap about this whole situation with Matt … this shit isn’t funny,” Amber wrote. “This is real life I have to deal with.”


“I’m not dealing with this negative immature bullshit. I have enough to worry about. I’ll block and be done with it. Love not hate.  Learn it!”


“I don’t care if I found out he had 10 kids. He has to deal with that and his past and I’ll stand by him. I’m a woman and I hold my own.”


Mic drop.