Monday, December 7, 2015

Keith Urban Mourns Late Father

The father of country music superstar Keith Urban has lost his battle with cancer.


This sad news was relayed to fans via a message on the official Keith Urban website.



Referencing his wife, Nicole Kidman, Urban wrote the following to readers:


“I’ve been deeply touched by the outpouring of love and support that Nic and I, and our family, have received since my dad’s passing on Saturday night.”


The American Idol judge added that his dad is “finally at peace” after such a long battle with such a debilitating disease. 


Urban went on to credit his father’s affection for Don Williams and other country artists as a major reason for why he went into this industry.


You don’t exactly see many Australian country music singers, after all.


“My dad’s love of country music and America set me on my life’s journey, and shaped so much of who I am today,” he wrote. “Thank you to everyone who has kept us all in your thoughts and prayers.”


Bob Urban was placed in hospice care about a week prior to his passing.


His son, meanwhile, will be front and center once again when American Idol kicks off its final season on January 6.


We send our thoughts and prayers to his family.