Monday, December 7, 2015

Omarion Rants Over Grammy Snub, Says He’s the "Chosen" One

Move over, LeBron James and Kanye West.


There’s both a new Chosen One in town and also a new headline-making rant machine.



And both are Omarion!


The rapper WENT OFF on Twitter today after not being included among the 2016 Grammy Award nominees, believing that “Post to Be” (his collaboration with Chris Brown and Jhene Aiko) deserved recognition on music’s biggest night.


Because these are some seriously classic Tweets, we’ll just let Omarion run with his diatribe for a bit.


Take it away, pissed off artist!


  • “Post to be” is one of the greatest R&B collaborations ever. CB, Jhene, & myself been in the game 10+. 

  • The odds have always been against me. I constantly prove you wrong. I’ll consistently do great things & you will have to celebrate me.

  • This isn’t a “im upset” (post to be) rant. This is a- ok so that wasn’t good enough. I’ll be back. Have my Grammy’s ready.

  • The game has long changed since I was introduced to it. They want to still treat me like I’m a new to this. My moment is coming trust.

  • So when it’s all said & done. Remember. I prophesied it. It’s my destiny. I was destined. Chosen.

  • Since y’all here! Answer the question. What other song can u name that didn’t have a rapper for a collab!? & don’t be disrespectful. Answer the question.

The tracks that were nominated for Best R&B Performance included Tamar Braxton’s “If I Don’t Have You,” Andra Day’s “Rise Up,” Hiatus Kaiyote’s “Breathing Underwater,” Jeremih’s “Planes” featuring J. Cole, and The Weeknd’s “Earned It.”


And Omarion did at least spend one Tweet sending some props to those up for the award he craves so badly.


“Congratulations to all the nominees!” he wrote. “Enjoy this milestone.”