Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother Nearly Lets Daughter Drown, Explains Why

A woman named Keri Morrison is coming under extreme fire for a viral video that depicts her 13-month old nearly drowning.


While Morrison just sits nearby.


But there"s a lot more to this story than some critics may realize.



In the two-minute piece of footage posted below, the little girl (named Julia) is trying to grab a sandal that has fallen into the pool.


But she quickly falls in herself.


Instead of rushing to the rescue of someone far too young to swim, however, Morrison sits idly by, even as Julia is clearly having difficulty staying afloat.


It"s disturbing to watch and many Internet users have pointed to the video as an example of horrific parenting.


However, Keri and her husband lost their two-year old son (pictured above) in a drowning accident not very long ago, causing them to be extra vigilant when it comes to the training of their children.


Asked to defend her actions in this case by Fox News, Keri pointed to that tragedy and explained why she let her daughter flounder for so long:


"Because I know the alternative; my son is no longer with us because he didn"t have these skills."


She added:


"To me, I"m protecting her and that is what a mother is supposed to do: protect her. I feel like I failed my son and I"m not going to fail my daughters."


What do you think of this strategy?


Is it understandable, given the Morrisons" background? Might it pay off down the line? Or are they walking a very dangerous line if they try this again?


Mother lets infant fend for herself in water defends controversi