Sunday, June 12, 2016

Marcus Grimmie Breaks Silence on Sister Christina Grimmie"s Death With Heartbreaking Message

Friday night, Christina Grimmie was shot to death following a concert in a senseless act of violence by Kevin James Loibl



The 22-year-old singer and former contestant on The Voice had a spirited heart and a promising career that was cut short by this disturbed individual.


Further deaths and injuries might have occurred had it not been for her brother, Marcus Grimmie, who tackled Loibl upon witnessing the attack on his sister.


During the struggle, Loibl turned the gun on himself and committed suicide.


Marcus, who goes by Mark, has now broken his silence by posting a heartfelt message about his sister to Facebook.


“Christina was more than my sister. She was a partner in life. A superstar. A goofball. Introverted. And a friend to everyone. Genuinely,” he wrote.


“But above all…she was my baby sister. She loved the Lord and her family and was always there for me and I honestly don’t know what ill do without her.”


Mark then humbly asked friends and fans to share memories they have of Christina to the page to honor her life.


“But please, if you are reading this far, I would love all and any of you to post pics of you and her and/or memories you have of her down in the comments,” he shared. “I will cherish it forever and always. So please do that for me.”



“Thank you all so so much. The support has been crazy and I do feel a peace. I just don’t have any words. I love you all.”


A friend of Christina’s, Ashly Nicole, told E! News that Mark and his sister were “as close as can be.”


“He was the perfect brother to her and he became almost like a big brother to me too,” she said.


“They were only a year apart and he would always talk about how he would do anything for her. She was his world. He cared about her so much.”


The 27-year-old Loibl was a resident of St. Petersburg, Fla. and traveled two hours that evening specifically to murder Christina, according to officials.


Police continue to investigate a possible motive.