Thursday, October 15, 2015

Demi Lovato Explains, Defends Nude Photo Shoot

Demi Lovato took the Internet by shocked storm last week when she made like Kim Kardashian.


No, the singer did not release a sex tape or promote some ridiculous product. 



But the world was still taken aback when Demi Lovato nude photos went viral after the artist posed for Patrick Ecclesine on behalf of Vanity Fair.


Was the singer just trying to earn some publicity and/or some social media followers? Not exactly.


“We live in a world where everything is touched up, even pictures that people post on Instagram now,” Lovato told E! News this week of her racy pictorial.


“So I wanted to put it out there, the opposite of what people are kind of expecting from me right now.”


The 23-year old, of course, spent time in rehab toward the end of 2010.


She has been open ever since about her drug use and her eating disorders as a teenager. No way could she have imagined back then that she’d have the confidence to totally strip down.


“I want to inspire other women,” Demi says.


“For someone who’s had body image issues since they were a child, I went from hating every inch of my body to showing every inch of my body to the entire world and without touching up anything.


“I wouldn’t have done that six months ago, because I didn’t have the confidence that I do today.”



Adding that she hates it when people Photoshop her pictures without her consent, Lovato said she’s in the best shape of her life.


Physically, yes. But also mentally.


“That’s what this whole lifestyle change was about. It wasn’t necessarily to lose weight, although that’s a byproduct and it’s awesome.


“But for me, I needed to get in that mental strength because that’s what I felt I was lacking and needed to be strengthened.”


Consider that mission accomplished, Demi. We heart you.