Thursday, October 8, 2015

Selena Gomez Reveals Chemotherapy Treatment for Lupus

Earlier this week, a VERY revealing photo of Justin Bieber naked hit the Internet.


Along somewhat similar lines, meanwhile, the first love of this singer’s life has now revealed something awfully personal about herself in an interview with Billboard.



Selena Gomez says she underwent chemotherapy treatment last year after being diagnosed with Lupus.



“I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy,” Gomez tells the magazine. “That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke.”


In late 2013, Gomez canceled the Australian leg of her tour, saying via statement that, “after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be.”


Many, of course, assumed Selena was just mending a broken heart as a result of her split from Bieber.


“I wanted so badly to say, ‘You guys have no idea. I’m in chemotherapy. You’re a––holes,"” Gomez says now of those critics.


“I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again.” 



So Selena took that time and eventually came out more self-confident and, more important, with a clean bill of health.


She has a new album (out tomorrow) and a new attitude toward her haters. She’s using them as motivation.


“I’m so f-cking nice to everybody, and everyone is so vile to me,” she says.


“I’ve been working since I was 7. I’ve been a UNICEF ambassador since I was 17. It’s so disappointing that I’ve become a tabloid story. That hate motivated me.”


Look for Gomez to go on tour in America and Canada from next May to next July and … and also look out, folks.


You do NOT want to mess with the new Selena Gomez.