Thursday, November 12, 2015

Anna Duggar Helps Jessa Induce Labor, Wins Best Aunt Award

In this week’s issue of People, Jessa Duggar Seewald gave (labor-inducing) credit where (labor-inducing) credit is due.



Anna Duggar, who went through childbirth four times with her own children, offered some advice to get Seewald’s labor moving along.


“My sister-in-law Anna told me she walked stairs and that worked with her son Marcus,” Jessa told People.


“We walked up and down the stairs together 20 times until I was like, ‘Okay, no more."”


It seemed to work, because a few hours later, Seewald “started having hard contractions.”


The pain got so intense during the new mom’s home birth that she panicked and almost demanded to be taken to the hospital.


“I said, ‘That’s it! I’m done! I am going to the hospital and I’m going to get an epidural,’ ” Seewald told People. “They asked me if I really wanted to do that and I said, ‘No, I don’t, but I do.’ I wanted to try natural if at all possible.”


After 48 hours, Spurgeon Elliot Seewald entered the world at 9lbs., 11oz.  


Seewald, however, started bleeding uncontrollably and had to be rushed to the hospital.


“I had dreamed about those first moments, getting to breastfeed right away, all that,” Jessa said about being separated from her son.  “And so when I had to go to the hospital, it was a shock.”


Seewald received a blood transfusion and had to be kept in the hospital overnight.  While she rested, Spurgeon was brought to her for some mommy-son time.