Wednesday, November 11, 2015

"The Real Housewives of Orange County" Stars Respond To Brooks Ayers" Cancer Lie

Hell hath no fury like Housewives scorned, amiright?



Yesterday, E! News revealed that Brooks Ayers, who appeared on The Real Housewives of Orange County, did not receive cancer treatment at City of Hope medical center.  This revelation comes after Ayers insisted all season long that he was being treated at COH.


The Housewives cast responded to this latest development, and it seems none of them were surprised.


“I pray for him,” Meghan King Edmonds said in a statement to E! News.  “I would want to tell him that I hope he finds the truth somewhere in his life. The truth will set you free.”


Edmonds was especially interested in Ayers’ cancer story, since her husband, Jim Edmonds’ first wife, LeAnn Edmonds Horton, passed away in July from cancer.


“It’s a very sad and disgusting situation. I never believed I would be surrounded by such lies but hopefully now we can focus on the truth.”


Tamra Judge told E! that she wasn’t at all surprised by the news:


“I’ve always said, ‘If he has cancer I hope he gets better and if he doesn’t…I still hope he gets better,"” Judge said.


“From day one I called him out. I felt he was a con man. I could see it in his eyes and nothing he said was making sense. He’s a charmer, but then you get to know him and after a while his stories don’t add up. In the end, I stopped questioning him as much, started accepting him for Vicki [Gunvalson]. I knew that if I let go, he would do it to himself.


“It’s very hard to tell exactly what Vicki did or didn’t know.”


Judge found herself stuck in the middle as Ayers presented her with allegedly false medical records this season.


“My original thought was that he told her he had cancer so that she would stay with him, and at some point she figured out it wasn’t true. But then she made the decision to keep the lie going. That’s the part I don’t understand…why would someone do that?


“If someone in the public followed his treatment and his cancer was faked, and that person died, then that would be heartbreaking and tragic.”


And finally, Shannon Beador‘s reaction:


“I am still trying to connect the dots. It doesn’t make sense that Vicki would say she spent four hours with Brooks for chemo at the City of Hope when he was never treated there. The truth always comes out.”


Today, a fan asked Gunvalson via Twitter if she still speaks to Ayers after this latest development.


“I don’t talk to him nor will I ever speak to him again,” Gunvalson wrote.  “This man is sick.”