Monday, March 21, 2016

Ice-T Loves Taking Pictures of His Daughter, Deal With It

When grown men turn to mush over their infants, hearts everywhere grow at least 2 1/2 sizes.



Such is the case of Ice-T, who welcomed daughter Chanel with wife, Coco on November 28th.


At a Paleyfest Los Angeles event honoring Law & Order creator and executive producer Dick Wolf, Ice-T told People that he’s done something he never, ever thought he would do.


“I’m taking a lot of pictures. I’m that same guy that you go, ‘Oh, my daughter…’ and before I know it I’m showing you pictures. I said that I’m not going to be that guy,” Ice admitted.


“But now I’m just like, ‘Wait, look,’ and, ‘Wait, look at this one,’ and, ‘Wait a minute, hold up.’ You can’t help it. You’re just happy.”


Becoming a father for the third time (the rapper/actor has two older children, Letesha Marrow, 39, and son Tracy Marrow Jr., 23) is a little different for the 58-year-old.


“I think the clarity that I have with this child. When I had my first kid I was in the middle of the wildness of becoming Ice-T, all the people that were after me, and I had my head down,” he said.


“I really wasn’t concentrating on them, I was concentrating on survival. Now, everything is a lot more mellow. We bring the baby home, she’s crying, I see her, they sleep with me every night.


“I’m really witnessing her grow everyday, so I’m more conscious of it.”