Thursday, March 10, 2016

Gwen Stefani: My Divorce Details Would SHOCK You, But I’m Not Talking … Yet

The day after the 2015 Grammy Awards was perhaps one of the worst of Gwen Stefani’s life.



The night before, Stefani had performed on stage with Maroon 5 at the ceremony, then grabbed Mexican food with the band’s frontman (and her co-judge on The Voice), Adam Levine.


And then, the morning came.


“My life was literally blown up into my face,” Stefani said of the secret that ultimately ended her 13-year marriage to Gavin Rossdale.


“If I could, I would just tell you everything, and you would just be in shock,” Stefani told the New York Times, citing her kids as one of the reasons she prefers to keep the details private.


“It’s a really good, juicy story.”


Us Weekly alleged back in November that Rossdale had carried on a longterm affair with the couple’s nanny Mindy Mann.  Another nanny found explicit texts and photos between the two on the family iPad, which was linked to Rossdale’s phone.


Stefani found it almost impossible to cope with the news.


“I’m gonna die,” she recalled thinking to herself.


“I am dead, actually. How do I save myself? What am I going to do? How do I not go down like this?”


Stefani sought solace in the recording studio and on the set of The Voice, where she was a judge alongside Levine, Blake Shelton and Pharrell Williams.


It was a challenge for Stefani to keep her personal turmoil to herself.


“I’m not a secret girl,” she told the newspaper.  “I tell everybody when my period is coming.”


After filing for divorce from Rossdale in August, she and Shelton started to bond over their broken marriages (he had split from second wife, Miranda Lambert a month earlier).


Shelton “had been going through literally the exact same thing in literally the exact same time frame,” Stefani explained, giddily admitting that their relationship went through several emotional stages.


“We had anger, we had sadness, we had flirtation, we had sexy, and now we’re madly in love,” she said.


“Never in my wildest, craziest dreams would I ever have seen this coming.”


Is she the cutest?