Sunday, June 5, 2016

Richard Simmons: Rushed to Hospital Following "Bizarre" Behavior

Alarming news for Richard Simmons fans.


The fitness guru was hospitalized on Friday after exhibiting “bizarre conduct,” reports TMZ.



Someone in Simmons’ Hollywood Hills home became concerned when they noticed the odd behavior some time before midnight and called 911.


Paramedics rushed to the home, performed a preliminary evaluation and determined he should be taken to the hospital for further analysis.


It is unclear whether he still remains in the hospital.


The concerning report comes just a few months after Simmons was thought to have been taken hostage by his housekeeper inside the mansion.


Simmons had disappeared from the spotlight for an extended period of time and those close to him were concerned.


However, after the report hit, he clarified to fans that he was fine and just taking a break from public appearances.


“No one should be worried about me,” he reassured fans during a phone interview.


“The people that surround me are wonderful people who take great care of me,” he added.


“But it was time for me to take some time to be by myself.”


Known for his perky personality and unstoppable energy, Simmons shot to fame in the 80s for his weight-loss programs and fitness videos, most notably his Sweatin’ to the Oldies series. 


“For the last 40 years I have been traveling, teaching classes, and I had a knee injury, so I had a knee replacement, which was very difficult for me,” Simmons added.


“I have really just been taking it easy, staying at home, working out in my gym and doing the things I haven’t done in a very long time.”


In 2014, the star reportedly fell into a deep depression following a knee injury and became uncharacteristically reclusive.


We will have more as this story develops.