Monday, December 14, 2015

The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 8 Episode 6 Recap: Kim Fields Can"t Hang

On The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 8 Episode 6, Kenya and Porsha planned a ladies’ trip to Miami, which was totally relaxing and uneventful.


LOL. Just making sure you’re actually reading up in here. Meanwhile, Cynthia’s friend clashed with Sheree over past drama, and tensions ran high …



If you watch The Real Housewives of Atlanta online, you know that this can be a tough crowd. Mentally, and/or physically if you fight Porsha.


It’s becoming more and more apparent that Kim Fields may be in over her head here, though – and that’s nothing against her personally.


If anything, it speaks to her good qualities as a human being – if not a Bravo celebrity – that she has a hard time fitting in with this crew.


As Phaedra Parks put it: “My goodness, Kim Fields is coming to Miami. I hope she has her King James Bible and her roller-skates.”


“Tootie, you better be ready to rumble with these girls.”


Was she? As soon as they arrived in Miami, Kim took up residence on the couch of a living room suite, rather than her own private room.


That was a little bit odd, and it got better from there.


With aplomb, Kim started calling out the cast members on their absurd antics as if she were a viewer live tweeting from their living room couch.


Which she could’ve been, come to think about it …


“How old are we that we’re talking about ‘I didn’t say she didn’t like you.’ Are we grown ass women talking like this?” Kim said at one point.


“Food for thought,” she went on, armchair quarterbacking one beef. “Does it feel like there’s a difference between information and instigation?”


So well put. Tell that one to Andy Cohen.


“I think there’s a way to let somebody know ‘Hey, you might want to talk to so-and-so’ without being messy about it,” Fields told Kenya Moore.


That’s just a little too logical. As is this: “It’s hard to tell if it’s a genuine ‘I just wanted you to know’ or if it’s just for sport, you know what I mean?”


We do. The women on RHOA do not.


Sadly, the mood turned sour when the party kicked into overdrive and Kim longed for home, lamenting: “I don’t get it, I want to go home.”


“I miss my husband. I don’t understand just dancing with girls to just dance. I don’t get all of this. I don’t get it. And I’m just standing there.”


“This isn’t me. I can’t find myself here.”


Hopefully she’s getting paid a lot.


Porsha’s response to Fields’ lament was this: “Kim is feenin’ like Jodeci for her family. This little homesick routine is wearing me out.”


Fortunately for all involved, we didn’t get to see Porsha Williams fight her over it … just talk about her behind her back like everyone else.


With Kim and Kenya, the bad blood appears especially prevalent, as Moore seems put out by the fact that Fields acts … like a grown-up.


It’s weird. This genuinely bugs her.


As the episode ended with the ladies bringing back some strangers to join their boat party, we predict even more turbulent waters ahead.


Grab a hat, and hold the f–k onto it.