Monday, May 16, 2016

Meri Brown: Catfish Scandal Gets Even Worse For Sister Wives Star

You have to feel a little bad for someone who is stuck in a frustratingly lonely polygamous relationship, and seeks companionship on the world wide web, only to be duped by a woman posing as a man.



Last year, Sister Wives star Meri Brown admitted to falling for a stranger online.  The reason for the admission was that Brown was being blackmailed by her new friend, for whom she had developed romantic feelings.


Jacquelyn “Jackie” Overton introduced herself to Brown as Samuel “Sam” Cooper, and has made quite the name for herself by exposing her relationship with Brown.


According to Starcasm, Overton made public photos sent to her by Brown, and posted personal voicemail messages left by Brown.


In January, Overton used her alias to publish Almost Meri’ed, a book detailing the affair.


In April, Overton published Almost Defame’ed,a follow-up which goes into the fallout of their relationship after it became public.


It’s weird.  this whole thing is so damn weird.


Additionally, Overton spoke with five screenwriters interested in adapting her book into a movie.  It’s important to note here that Overton is still acting as Cooper, but has not yet revealed what she looks like.



In case anyone thought Overton was merely obsessed with exposing Brown, she had this to say on her blog:


“I wish her all of my best. I am open to talking to her again someday. I really do believe in this lifetime she will tell the truth and admit that I am real, I am a man, and I did not catfish her.


“I know she is a good person, she has a big heart. I know she will do right by me. I know it. It may take her years. Years is all I’ve got left to give her. So I will wait for it to come and I will immediately forget it and accept the apology. I have forgiven her already because I really do understand the one thing no one else sees. Meri is so scared to tell him and her family that she fell completely head over heels in love with me. That we had sex, that she really was going to leave Kody.


“She is so scared she is controlling her words instead of just opening up with the truth and saying Yes, I fell in love with Samuel.


“She is so scared to lose everything for me. I know this because when I fell in love with Meri all those months ago, that’s the exact place I was at with myself.


“If I fall for this spiritually married woman, am I really ready to lose it all if we get caught someday? Can I face God, my Church, my family, friends, and all the people in the world that will know who I am? I was there where she’s at. I know how hard it can be. So I forgive her for telling the entire world that I catfished her. I did not catfish Meri Brown.”


I…I’ve got nothing.  This whole thing is so confusing.