Thursday, June 23, 2016

Ariel Winter Defends Underboob Graduation Dress: "I Looked HOT"

She’s been through hell with her body struggles.


So it’s not wonder Ariel Winter wanted to show off her curve-hugging figure in a bodycon dress for her high school graduation.



Alas, her parade got rained on after Instagram followers noticed her gratuitous underboob.


“you wouldn’t want to expose too much boobage around ur parents, grandparents, aunts, cousins etc….. It’s just not the best outfit,” one person commented.


“Um, probably wouldn’t have been my first choice of clothing for a GRADUATION party…probably never my first choice because…um…a little revealing and immodest,” wrote another.


“wear that dress to any other event but celebrating graduation is something friends and family are proud of you for accomplishing a milestone and that outfit is down right not appropriate for an occasion such as this,” yet another person write.


“It’s common sense, show a little self respect and modesty.”


There were comments that defended Winter’s look, but the criticisms prompted the Modern Family star to hit back.


“Dear sorry body-shamers, I looked HOT in that dress. And if you hate it, don’t buy it,” Winter tweeted on June 22nd.



“But please get a hobby. XOXO Ariel #EmbraceYourBody.


“Embrace all that you are. Don’t let those outside voices become your inner voice #mychoice #loveyourcurves.”


Winter underwent a breast reduction in 2015 after experiencing an unwanted growth spurt.


“It really did happen overnight,” Winter told Glamour of her chest growing to a size F.


“I remember being in my sister’s wedding and being so flat and thinking, ‘I just wish I could grow boobs!’ And then overnight I did. But then they kept growing and growing and growing, and it didn’t seem like they were going to stop.”


After the surgery, Winter felt like she was given a new lease on life.


In an essay written for Motto, Winter described how incredible it was to do the simple things other teenage girls took for granted.


“The first thing I wanted to do was go clothing shopping because I was so excited to be able to find things that fit properly instead of hiding in a baggy sweater,” she wrote.


“That meant the world to me.” “Don’t get me wrong: I don’t think women should ever change themselves based on anyone else’s standards. 


“In the end, I think it’s all about how you feel—not what other people think.”