Thursday, June 16, 2016

Adam Lind: I"m Quitting Teen Mom 2 & I"m Gonna Finally Be a Good Dad!

Yesterday, news that Adam Lind is quitting Teen Mom 2 began to make its way around social media.


The reports were primarily based on this clip of Lind eloquently opening up about his future on the show (as only he can) during the taping of the second installment of the Teen Mom 2 reunion special, set to air on Monday.



“I’m not gonna give you guys what you want anymore. I’m done with it,” Lind says at one point in his interview with Dr. Drew Pinksy.


‘I’m just done with the show, I don’t want to participate in the show anymore. I even texted MTV that I didn’t want to come to f–ing L.A. and I was told you better get a lawyer to get out of your contract,” he continued.


“So, here I sit. I’m obligated to be here. I’m not obligated to answer any of your questions, so I don’t have to. There you go. I’m not going to give you guys any more fuel to the fire.”


Yeah, that sounds like the words of a man who’s definitely through with something.


And in case his “eff you” to MTV and the producers who made him famous wasn’t clear enough, Lind posted the following meme to his Instagram account, seemingly as a way of confirming the news of his departure:



Clearly, he’s talking about moving on from the show, but the fact that he immediately followed that up with a pic of himself and his daughter, Aubree, led many fans to the conclusion that he’s also referring to his efforts to be a better father.


In case you didn’t catch it, this season confirmed that Lind is officially the Worst Father in the History of Teen Mom 2.


He’s never been dad of the year material, but an episode in which he stood up Aubree for a father-daughter dance seemed to clinch the title for him for many viewers.


Maybe it was a case of biased editing, or maybe Lind feels he’ll be a better dad without the presence of MTV cameras in his life.


Whatever the case, the man he seems ready to proceed with the next chapter.


Watch Teen Mom 2 online to relive all of Lind’s SMH moments.