Monday, August 1, 2016

Tyler Posey: Sorry for Saying I Was Gay!

Tyler Posey is not gay.


But it would be very understandable if you believed for a bit there that the actor was attracted to men.



Over the weekend, the actor – best known for his role as Scott McCall on MTV’s Teen Wolf – confused and excited fans when he posted a Snapchat video.


It feature him standing near a sign for Gay Street and yelling on camera:


“This is me. I am this and this is me. I’ve never felt more alive. I’m gay!”


Take a look at the footage in question below:




Except here’s the thing: Tyler Posey is not gay.


His bad for making the rather strong insinuation that he was!


The actor later addressed his comments on social media in a series of Tweets, explaining that by exclaiming “I’m gay” he was attempting to simply show support LGBTQ community.


The 24-year-old also made clear that he’s really a heterosexual and he feels bad if he offended anybody who has been struggling to come out.


“I am a big proponent of love over hate, and standing together during divisive times,” Posey wrote, adding:


“[Part 2]: Although I’m not gay, I fully support the LGBTQ community. This was a moment intended to reflect that.”


The star concluded as follows:


“And everyone, I am truly sorry to the people I’ve offended or lessened how big coming out is. I just want to spread love in this world.”



On Sunday night, meanwhile, Teen Wolf won Choice Summer TV Show at the 2016 Teen Choice Awards and Posey accepted the surfboard along with castmates Shelley Hennig and Cody Christian.


He appeared to acknowledge his mistake and send a similar theme in his brief speech as he did in the aforementioned Tweets.


“I’m so full of love, and we love each other so much,” Posey said. “We truly do love every single last one of you.”


For whatever it is worth, Posey’s former co-star, Colton Haynes, is gay.


He came out to the world in May of this year and we wonder how he feels about Posey’s Snapchat video.