Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Gene Wilder: Mourned, Remembered by Stars Everywhere


On August 29, 2016, Gene Wilder died at the age of 83.


The iconic actor starred in such classic comedies as Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, The Producers and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


We"ve compiled a rundown of celebrity reactions to this sad piece of news…




1. Mel Brooks


Mel brooks

Gene Wilder-One of the truly great talents of our time. He blessed every film we did with his magic & he blessed me with his friendship.



2. Russell Crowe


Russell crowe

I saw Blazing Saddles 7 times at the cinema with my school friends. George St. Cows outside. Gene Wilder you were a genius. Rest in Peace.



3. Larry Wilmore


Larry wilmore

There’s a big hole in Comedy’s heart with the loss of Gene Wilder today. RIP Willy Wonka.



4. Billy Eichner


Billy eichner

RIP to a true original and one of the all time greats Gene Wilder. I loved him.



5. Olivia Wilde


Olivia wilde

Thanks for stopping by Earth for a while.



6. Savannah Guthrie


Savannah guthrie

I loved him so much. Just looking at Gene Wilder always made my heart smile. Rest in peace.


View Slideshow