Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Shannen Doherty Shows Heartbreaking Photos From Chemotherapy

Shannen Doherty continues to share her story with fans, and it comes as no surprise that the reaction has been overwhelmingly supportive.



Doherty’s goal is to show the “faces of cancer,” which she hopes will give hope to others going through something similar.


The former Beverly Hills, 90210 star shared an August 10th chemo session with husband Kurt Iswarienko by her side.


“There are many faces to cancer. This is one of them,” Doherty wrote on Instagram.


Another photo from the same day shows a nurse injecting Doherty with chemo.


“What we call the Red Devil being injected into me via the port thats in my chest,” Doherty wrote.



“Dawn is my nurse who takes excellent care of me August 10, 2016 #cancersucks #fightlikeagirl.”


Doherty was diagnosed in March 2015 after her talent management company failed to pay her health insurance premiums.


This prevented Doherty from getting a check-up, thus allowing the cancer to grow undetected.  Doherty sued the company, finally settling last week for an undisclosed amount.



The power of Doherty’s story was no more apparent than when she went to her local Cheesecake Factory to try and eat something (one of chemo’s side effects is nausea).


“Today I was able to get out and attempt to eat and hang with my mom,” she wrote.


“We decided on The Cheesecake Factory because of their vast menu. I figured I could find something to eat that wouldn’t make me sick. Success. I asked for my bill and the above note was placed in front of me instead. No names attached, just the note…”




Shannen Doherty Cheesecake Factory Bill



It gets better.


“They didn’t care about a thank you for picking up my bill,” she continued.


“They simply wanted to do something nice. I convinced the waitress to nod to who did it. Rian and Lloyd…. I wish there were more people like you. Your kindness blew me away today.


“From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You both deserve a very blessed life.”


To learn more on how you can help in the fight against breast cancer, head over to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.