Thursday, August 4, 2016

Robby Hayes: The Next Bachelor?

He thought he had it in the bag, but Robby Hayes came up just short in the quest for JoJo Fletcher’s love on The Bachelorette season finale.


Might he find a second opportunity on ABC this winter?



While the runner-up from the previous season rarely gets the starring role the following go-around, none other than JoJo defied that trend.


Third- or fourth-place finishers tend to be the people tapped to dole out roses, and Luke Pell and Chase McNary certainly fit the bill.


Still, Robby Hayes ended this “journey” on such a high note, it’s not surprising that there’s been talk of him becoming the next Bachelor.


“It’s definitely something that’s crossed my mind. It’s definitely something I’d have to talk with my friends and my family about,” he says.


The 27-year-old says his reason for being open to it is simple:



“The reason I’m definitely open to it is because I know that this avenue and this journey works. It worked for me last season with JoJo.”


I have no doubt that it could work for me again,” Hayes adds.


That doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be reservations involved.


As Jordan Rodgers and Hayes himself can attest, one’s entire life becomes subject to intense scrutiny by agreeing to be on this show.


“If that came knocking on my door, it’s definitely something I would be open to, but I would have sit down and talk to my family,” he says.


“Because they stressed so much about this season.”


In any case, it’s premature, Hayes says, because while there have “been mentions” of him becoming The Bachelor, “nothing is solidified.” 



Hayes, whose drama with ex-girlfriend Hope Higginbotham might have been a bigger scandal were it not for Rodgers, is single for now.


Single, and ready to mingle … maybe. Soon.


Regardless of whether he ends up handing out roses on ABC, he shared an image of himself (above) giving one to deserving folks.


“Thank you so much for the overwhelming support everyone has been showing me over the past couple months,” he posted on Instagram.


“To my family, you have been my rock and you mean the world to me. Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.”


“This [rose] is for you!”


If Robby were the next Bachelor, where would he rank among the hottest to ever fill the reality TV role? Check out his competition below: