Friday, August 12, 2016

Catelynn Lowell Post-Rehab: I"m Not Cured, But I"m Getting Better

In March, Catelynn Lowell entered rehab in Arizona to focus on her mental health.



“I went for just mental illness, panic attacks and depression and I was there for 30 days,” Lowell told OK! Magazine.


“It went well, they taught me lots of different things, I learned lots of good things.” 


Lowell warned that while she’s doing well, she’s not fully recovered. 



“Obviously it was going to be a work in progress, but as of now, things are going really good,” she said.


“I think the plus of me being so open and honest about it is it shows the truth of what it looks like to struggle with postpartum depression, and not even just postpartum depression, but also depression and panic attack disorder which I have.”


Lowell hopes her public struggle will cause fans to realize that it’s OK to admit that they’re battling a mental illness, and that getting help doesn’t make them weak.



“I think it’s good that I go out and show the truth because if anything, I feel like it’s going to help someone else and push them to go find the help that they need or inspire them to know they are not alone,” she said.


Lowell’s husband, Tyler Baltierra has been nothing but supportive of her.  He updated fans on Lowell’s health while she was away, and admitted that even thought it can get tough at times, he’ll never give up on her.


Last month, Baltierra wrote a beautiful tribute to his wife on Instagram celebrating more than ten years together.


“Today marks 11 years together with this amazing, selfless, beautiful & courageous soul.


“11 years ago today, me & Cate sat outside on the curb in the trailer park & decided to be “boyfriend & girlfriend” & to look at us now, more than a decade later, is very surreal,” he wrote.



“They say teenage love doesn’t last & that fairytale endings only happen in the movies…but I’m telling you, I’m living proof that it’s possible.


“As long as 2 people commit to each other 100% & unconditionally love each other…nothing can break the spiritual bond created between them.


“Our relationship has gone through devastating lows that would tear a “normal” couple apart…but we are far from normal.


“Our spirits will forever be in a continuous unity & our love for each other will nurture that unity.


I am so honored & blessed to have experienced the last 11 years of my life with a godsend angel that was destined to be cherished by me.


“I love you @catelynnmtv #HappyAnniversary #11Years.”


Teen Mom OG returns to MTV on August 22nd at 9 p.m.