Thursday, August 11, 2016

Kendall Jenner Lands Vogue Cover, Screams: I F-CKING DID IT!

Please excuse Kendall Jenner for a moment. 


She has something to say.



And this is basically it:


OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME! EEEEK!


We exaggerate. But only slightly.


The 20-year old model covers her first-ever issue of Vogue this month, and it’s safe to say that she’s rather excited about the distinction.


(It’s also safe to say we can practically see her breasts in the photo above.)


“In a room with a bunch of people I love, looking at this cover made me cry,” Jenner wrote on Instagram yesterday.


She sent the message from Turks and Caicos, where she was celebrating Kylie Jenner’s 19th birthday with Bella Hadid and Hailey Baldwin


“I FUCKING DID IT. SEPTEMBER VOGUE. this is the coolest thing ever! can’t thank you enough Anna, for giving me the honor,” Jenner added.


She’s referring there to Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour, who is notoriously picky over who gets featured on the front of her publication.



Back in March of 2014, Kim Kardashian expressed a similar sentiment when she and Kanye West were featured in Vogue.


They struck a number of memorable poses along with daughter North West.


Remember this spread of the famous couple?



In Kendall’s case, there are 13 more images of her inside this September issue, as she dons clothing by Alexander Wang, John Galliano, The Row, Prada and Hood by Air, to name just a few designers.


But it’s not all about fashion.


Kendall turns pretty serious at one point in the interview when the topic of Caitlyn Jenner is raised.


She tries to explain why she had some problems with her dad’s transition.


“We had ATVs and go-carts, and I grew up riding them all the time, which is why I’m a good driver,” she says, seemingly at random.


“It’s super ironic to think about now, but it’s something I can thank my dad for: how much of a tomboy I was.”


In other words: Caitlyn Jenner was responsible for making her daughter more manly, for lack of a better term.


And now she’s gone ahead and become a woman. Weird, Kendall explains.


“That’s why I think the whole thing – her transition – was really hard for me, because I was like, ‘But you taught me everything, tomboy!"”


Although the Keeping Up with the Kardashians actress struggled with the change initially, she tells Vogue that a lot has changed since the big reveal last spring.


“It has gotten easier. I knew it was going to have its rough phase, but it’s all super normal now. It’s not weird at all.”



Kendall’s Vogue cover hits national newsstands on August 23.


This is how she wraps up her thoughts on her transgender dad:


“Sometimes I look at a picture of my dad when she was a guy, and it makes me a little sad – I get emotional.


“You have to get past it – you’ve got a new person to love. It’s kind of a blessing in disguise – if that’s not the wrong way to say it.”


We get what she means.


And we have nothing to make fun of her for in this instance.


We can only imagine how challenging this has been for the entire Jenner family to deal with in many ways.