Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Robby Hayes: I Was Convinced JoJo Would Pick Me!

Every viewer dreads the moment that a contestant officially becomes a Bachelor/Bachelorette “runner-up.”


Such was the case for Robby Hayes, whose proposal JoJo Fletcher did not accept on last night’s finale.



“I was so caught off guard,” Hayes told People Magazine, adding that he was sure he was the only suitor left in Thailand. 


“I was so confident in our relationship and my feelings for her. I had already been dreaming about our future together.”


While Hayes insists there are no hard feelings, he is bummed that he went through the whole proposal process, only to return home with a fiance.  Which is kind of ridiculous, given what show he signed up for.


“The only thing I’m upset about is what was taken from me,” he said.


“I come from a very traditional family where marriage is a one time thing.



“But it’s not just the marriage. It’s the picking of the ring, the asking the parents for permission, giving the speech before you get down on one knee. JoJo took that from me and I can’t ever get it back.” 


Again, The Bachelorette is a dating competition.  If it makes Hayes feel any better, the universe is offer a do-over.  In private. With just one girl and not a bunch of other guys.


“Everything I said was honest and from the heart,” Hayes said. “If I didn’t tell JoJo I loved her, I would have been lying.”


:(


“JoJo will always hold a portion of my heart,” he continued. “I fell in love with her, and in falling in love, I attached strings. One of them was unconditional care for her. I want JoJo to be happy and if I’m not the guy, I understand.”


Hayes has nothing but love for Jordan Rodgers, the suitor Fletcher ultimately choose.


“I respect the hell out of that kid. I think he’s sincere. And if JoJo couldn’t find happiness with me, I wanted her to find it with someone else.”


Call me, Hayes.  I’ll overlook the whole “proposed to another girl in Thailand” incident and we can go ring shopping.